Friday, October 10, 2008

Little Daddy

Geary is a wonderful dad and one of the things he does that I just love is taking the boys out on walks. They'll walk to a park, or to get a treat like doughnuts or icecream. They'll walk to a bookstore or the library and read together. They have many adventures with the stroller. I know it's one of the special things that my sons will remember about their father when they are grown. And I know it's already special to them, because they already emulate him in this way.

Here is Toby putting a doll into his push car which has been transformed into a stroller.

___________________________________________

"Ready to go?"

_______________________________________________

The proud little daddy.

__________________________________________________

Off they go!

It's so fun to see my boys acting like their father. Sometimes we get strange looks when people find out our sons have a baby doll. But if the purpose of play is to learn how to be an adult by pretending to be one, I am all for my sons pretending to be good dads. And I pray that they will grow to be amazing fathers just like their own.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Tobi is so BIG! Wow! Fun to see him...feels like such a short time ago he could barely walk at OMSI! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tobi IS so big! how did that happen!?!? wow. super great pictures and with even better meaning. i think you are right on about the doll thing and emulation. girls and boys "parent" dolls differently and it's a beautiful thing that they are both in the doll's life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eli LOVES dolls. He practices by kissing them and wrapping them up in a blanket and making them go "night, night". Your pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!