Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Great Hymn Titles

I've volunteered to help out with the Children's Christmas Musical at our church. On Sunday one of the kids approached me after practice with a confused look on his face.

Me: Is something wrong?

Him: I thought Jesus was Jewish.

Me: Yep, that's right.

Him: Then why is his name Swedish?

Me: Huh? Who told you his name was Swedish?

Him: That song we're singing, Jesus is the Swedish Name I Know.

Me (trying not to laugh): It's actually sweetest. Jesus is the Sweetest Name I Know.

Him: Oh...that makes more sense.
____________________________
I'm going to have to file this one away with the other great hymn titles I know, such as:

Gladly, the Cross-eyed Bear
Lead on, O Kinky Turtle
We Bring the Sacks of Rice on Trays
and of course, I am Salty (I Exalt Thee)

Do you know of other hymn titles that have been misheard? I'd love to add to my list.

1 comment:

  1. We were at an orphanage in Mexico and taught the kids to sing Pharaoh, Pharaoh. After a couple of days I realized they were singing Feo, Feo (Ugly, Ugly)

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!