Monday, January 08, 2007

Still Sick

It started on Friday. I had to cover the couch with towels and whenever he started to whimper I would run to him with a clean towel. This is because I knew he was about to vomit and there was no way I could get him to the bathroom in time.

Saturday he seemed okay. We even went out and ran some errands. He actually ate some food and kept it down. But then he put himself to bed at 6pm. Strange.

He didn't wake up until almost 11am on Sunday. We kept checking to make sure he was breathing and he was. No fever. After he woke up we watched Curious George on the portable DVD player in my bed. The baby kept kicking hard and Noah giggled as the DVD player on my belly bounced around.

After the movie Noah just layed in my bed staring at the ceiling. "Are you okay?" I would ask. "Uh huh. I just don't feel ready to get up."

Around 2pm I was getting bored and feeling cabin feverish. "Why don't we go see a movie?" I suggested. Geary said, "Sure! We haven't taken Noah to see Charlotte's Web, yet. I'll check the times."

"Hey Noah! Do you want to go see Charlotte's Web in the big theater?" Nothing. "Noah?" He rolled over. "Mom, not today. Maybe when I feel better." That's when I knew it was more than just a lazy day. Healthy Noah would never turn down a movie at the big theater.

And now it's Monday. The fourth day. Andrew called and asked, "Jeana? Is it fine if Noah comes over to play today?" I felt horrible about letting him down, "I'm so sorry Andrew...he's not feeling well..."

After I hung up with Andrew, Noah called out, "Mom...who was that?" I told him that Andrew wanted him to play. Noah nodded and said, "Maybe after I feel better." His big, green eyes looked so sad.

Poor little guy. I sure wish Placebo would work this time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!