Tuesday, November 14, 2006

20 Weeks

I just got back from my 20 week OB appointment and everything still looks good! My doctor had the ultrasound report and said the baby was measuring great and it looks like I'll get to have another shot at seeing the gender in about 3 weeks time. At the last ultrasound the baby was moving around so much that they couldn't get a clear picture of the heart. So I'm going back in a few weeks so they can look again. Also, they found some small cysts on the brain but I guess that is pretty common and according to the report "has no clinical significance." But I would really appreciate your prayers on both those issues (heart and brain)--that this baby will be healthy and strong.

Today the baby's heartbeat was 160 bpm and I learned these other facts about baby's development: (Just using "she" right now to avoid using "it")

  • She weighs about 10 1/2 ounces, and her length from head to rump is seven inches
  • Baby has begun her main project for the rest of this pregnancy: putting on weight.
  • She regularly drinks amniotic fluid for hydration and nutrition, urinates in the fluid, and breathes it in and out. Fortunately, the fluid pool is constantly changing and refreshing itself every three hours.
  • Her eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed. Her eyelids are still sealed, but her eyes are active.
  • Taste buds are forming on her tongue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!