Friday, September 08, 2006

School Days

Noah finished his first week of school with flying colors. He loves it! When I walked him into his classroom the first day he walked right up to his teacher and said, "Hi, I'm Noah. My mom is gonna leave now." Then he glanced over his shoulder to me and said, "Bye, Mom!" I got the hint and made a quick escape. He sure is independent!

I've been trying to keep it on the down-low that Geary is a teacher at Noah's school. I don't want him to get special treatment or be coddled by the office staff. All my hush-hush has been for nothing, though. Every school secretary that sees Noah just gushes all over him. This is just one of the funny conversations I've witnessed:

Secretary: Noah Linhart! Look at you! You're such a big boy now!

Noah: Yeah. I'm three and half.

Secretary: I know your Daddy!

Noah: His name is Daddy Linhart. I mean, Geary.

Secretary: Do you know what your daddy does? Is he a fireman? Or a doctor?

Noah: No...He's a MAN!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!