Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Doctors Appointment

My appointment today was good but uneventful. I had my blood drawn and answered about a million questions about my health history and previous miscarriages. They took some extra blood just in case there is a chance they can test for my progesterone hormone levels. If it is low, my doctor might decide to have me take a supplement as a booster. We're wondering if my previous miscarriages were because my body wasn't producing enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy...I'll let you know as soon as I find out. I have another appointment for a full exam on Thursday. I guess I'm kind of a special case and my doctor could only squeeze me in for so much time today but she wanted to make sure to see me sooner than later. Dedicated doctor, huh? She's really great and I'm glad to have her taking care of me.

Oh, and on Thursday she'll order an ultrasound so we can date the baby. I'm super excited about this, but also really nervous. The ultrasounds were always what confirmed that I was going to miscarry. I'm just praying that we can see a heart beat and a healthy baby!

One thing that is really giving me (and my doctor) hope is that I have felt soooooo nauseated. I had morning sickness big time with Noah, but not at all with any of the other pregnancies. I'm thinking nausea=good things happening in there. Geary has been awesome at taking up the slack around the house and he hasn't complained once. I'm so grateful for my loving and supportive husband.

In related news, Noah has decided to join me in this pregnancy by announcing that he has a dog baby in his tummy. Sometimes the dog baby makes him feel sick and then all he wants to do is lay around and watch movies. Sounds good to me!

1 comment:

  1. We love you and are praying for you today as you go to the doctors and have the full exam, and get a date for the ultra-sound. Long may the nauseous feeling continue!

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!