Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Gifts from Becca

We were all sad to see Becca go this morning. She gave us some wonderful gifts. First of all, the gift of her friendship--Becca was a beautiful blessing to my son this week and I will always be grateful for the thoughtful ways she loved and played with him. If this is what all those JV kids experience, they are blessed beyond measure and JV has chosen someone who is perfectly gifted for ministering to children. Thank you, Becca.

Becca gave me this beautiful Polish Pottery teacup. I love the pattern and it was actually the most perfect gift she could have given me. My friend Ana recently told me about the tradition of collecting "Friendship Teacups" and ever since I have secretly wanted to start this tradition among my own friends. Becca beat me to it, but it only makes this teacup that much more special.

Noah's special treasures from Becca are our airplanes. This is the underside of Noah's plane. Look at how good he is at writing his name! I helped on the N and A but he did all the rest!

Noah's plane decorated with fish and beaver stickers.
My plane. I like how the exterior is all girly, but then there are those flames shooting out the back. Becca's plane. Becca grew up in Haiti and her airplane is very tropical looking.


Another special gift to Noah was the book, Another Monster at the End of This Book

The inscription says, "This is my book. My name is Noah. From: your mom's friend (Becca)" Becca let Noah keep her pocket lizards Bowser (green) and Cordelia (orange). Noah hasn't let the airplanes, book, or lizards out of his sight since she left.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!