Monday, August 26, 2013

What I Did On My Summer Vacation Part 4 :: 4th of July

Over the past few years we've established a tradition of going to Nila's house the celebrate Independence Day.  We have a cookout, lawn games, and best of all, a water fight!  It. is.  EPIC.  But this year the 4th fell on a day when I was up to my eyeballs in things that needed to get done.  So I seized the opportunity to have a child free house and sent Geary and the boys off to farm without me.  I was sad to miss out on the all the fun but it was worth it to regain some sanity in our house.  While they were gone I cleaned the entire house, caught up on laundry, cooked all our dinners for the month, and took care of some Ruby Willow business.  It was such a gift to able to have a whole day to myself and to get so much work done!

Geary was awesome and took a ton of pictures at the farm.  He said they all had a blast and when the kids got home they basically crashed and then slept in until 10am the next morning!  I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.  Enjoy!


I am so excited for next year so I can rejoin the party!  Thanks, Nila, for hosting such a fun event!

1 comment:

Linharts love comments!