Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Done

Okay, I think I am done tweaking the blog layout.  I still want to add a family photo to the About Us section and update all our House Tour photos.  And I need to put together the Projects section but that in itself will have be a project for next month.

I'm finally taking advantage of Google Friend Connect and displaying the Followers gadget.  I went to every single blog I like to check in on and added it to my "Blogs I'm Following" list.  This makes it so much easier to see updates and to manage my blog lists.  And it's really cool to know who is following our blog!  I highly encourage you to join our site, if you haven't already.

My favorite things about the new look are:

  • The header
  • The menu bar
  • The clean, uncluttered feel
  • Having a Contact form
  • The little elephant favicon
Please click around and explore our new pages!  And I love to hear what you think.  What works for you?  Is there anything you miss or wish was different?

4 comments:

  1. I had to look at the pictures again, they are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Lovely to look at, intuitive, fast-loading, clever. Big win! B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the elephants. It seems little white or plain with the sides, but I might just be adjusting from the old feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the elephants and the overall new look you've got going on here, but it's kind of confusing to have your followers box way down at the bottom. A casual reader probably isn't going to take the time to hunt it down.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!