Friday, August 15, 2008

My Little Cousin

I have a beautiful cousin, Carine, who has two beautiful daughters, Savannah and Luna. Savannah is only 4 years old and she's very close to meeting Jesus. She has a form of cancer called neuroblastoma and after a year of chemotherapy the cancer has only spread. She's living her last days at my aunt's house in Bakersfield, CA.


Click here to see a video* about an awesome gift the Make A Wish Foundation provided for my little cousin. And please pray with me for my family. I can't think of anything to write that doesn't sound stupid or too small. My heart is breaking for Carine and for Luna and for my Tia Laura and for all my family in California. Not for Savannah, I know she'll be fine in the arms of Jesus. But for everyone else...I know they need to be in His arms, too.

____________________________________
*The video of Savnnah is at the end of the news article under the heading: Related Video

4 comments:

  1. Jeana,
    Thank you for sharing your family's sorrow with us. We will be lifting them up in prayer to the One who can comfort them best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say a prayer for little Savannah and all of her family at mass this morning. I'm so sorry. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying, crying, and praying some more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that just breaks my heart . . . Jesus please draw near and hold Savannah and her family close. Please let them tangibly feel your touch.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!