Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Biopsy

The procedure yesterday went well. I actually didn't feel any pain at all and didn't have any cramping. Afterwards there was some light spotting but that's it. And the lining was a lot lighter than I expected it to be. Kind of pinkish-white. I should find out the results in about a week.

The only negative thing was the OB/GYN who performed the biopsy. Let's just say that her bedside manner left much to be desired. Much, much, much to be desired. But the good news is that I never have to see her again if I don't want to so...neener, neener, neener Dr. Meanie-Pants.

If the results of the biopsy return with nothing to report, there isn't really anything else I can do until I stop breastfeeding. I guess breastfeeding really alters your hormone levels so any hormone level testing they did now would be inconclusive. My goal is to breastfeed for at least two more months (until Toby is one year old) and then I'll have to wait a couple of months for my hormones to regulate and then I can proceed with more testing.

I want to clarify that this health problem is not consuming my life. It's a very small part of my life that happens to be taking up a lot of my time right now, what with all the testing. But it's annoying enough that I want to remedy it if possible. Basically, it's a bunch of little issues (skin tag, excess facial hair, irregular cycle, etc.) that all could be related. Or they could all be their own separate little health dramas. And if I come across vague on this blog, it's because I don't really know how candid to be about female issues. At this point it would be all theories and ranting and I think it would invite the horror stories of "My neighbor's best friend's cousin's hairdresser's nanny had the exact same thing and her ovary exploded and she died in the grocery store." I really, really do not want to hear that. You know?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!