Thursday, January 17, 2008

Deceptively Delicious

One of my Christmas gifts from my husband was the cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfield. We've been trying out the recipes with hidden vegetable purees for the last couple of weeks and so far we've liked everything we've tried! We still eat non-hidden vegetables with each meal but it's nice to know that we're also getting a little vegetable boost, too.
Sweet Potato French Toast

He likes it! He really likes it!

Green Eggs (with spinach)

We will not be trying green ham, however...




Yum! We've also really liked the recipes for Spaghetti Pie, Tortilla Cigars, Sweet Potato Pancakes, Pita Pizza and Tuna Salad.

Today I'm going to try the recipe for Ginger Pumpkin Cookies.

2 comments:

  1. I wondered if that book was good. It will be on my list now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, so far I've been pleased with the book. I really like the layout and the recipes are pretty easy. I wouldn't say all the recipes are the absolute healthiest things you could ever eat, but if you're going to a quesadilla at least adding in butternut squash would make it healthIER. And given the choice between giving my kids a regular brownie or a regular brownie with spinach, I would choose the spinach version even though the amount of sugar is probably the same. *shrug* The only other thing I would wish for from the book would be nutrition info like calories, protien, sugar, etc. I know I can figure out that stuff by myself but it would have been nice if they were already included.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!