Monday, January 21, 2008

Cookin'

So I tried the cookies I mentioned in the last post. A few minutes out of the oven they were okay. Kind of dry but not disgusting. A few hours out of the oven they were much better. A few days out of the oven and they are now my most favorite cookies EVER! I guess they just needed to sit awhile to become all chewy and moist (I hate the word moist but I cannot think of an appropriate synonym) and delicious--almost like really good pumpkin loaf but in a cookie shape. So now I'll just plan to make them about two days in advance of when I want to serve them.



In other food related news, I've joined a recipe blog! It's called Food Love and it was started by my friend Annie. I am really starting to get into cooking and baking. It always seemed like such a chore and I always felt like I didn't know what I was doing so I just didn't do much of it. But since I avoided cooking I never really knew what I was supposed to do...see the vicious cycle?


Since we've moved to Newberg I have been experimenting with recipes and menu planning and really having a good time playing with food. I think it helps to have a "system". I would love to know some of your favorite recipes and tips for cooking. Leave a comment or email me--I have lots to learn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!