Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Children of Educators

One of the teachers at Geary's new school has a four year old son. He and Noah have become good friends since we've moved here. Tonight he came over to play and during dinner he said, "Mrs. Linhart. I would like to tell you a story." I nodded and he launched into his tale:
One day I was walking through the woods with my friends. Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy, and Prince Phillip (he's from Sleeping Beauty). Prince Caspian was not able to join us. We were delighted to see a good king lion named Aslan. But there was a bad king lion, too, and he was trying to do awful things to the good king lion. So the bad king lion had to be punished. My friends were delighted to see me bring out my sword and go to battle with this bad king lion. I slayed him and he fell quickly to death.

I said, "Wow, you must have been very brave." He replied, "Quite. It was lovely."

Did I mention that Geary works at a classical school?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!