Wednesday, November 07, 2007

BOB Books


Noah can read! One day we were in a toy store when I saw this display of BOB books. I handed the first book to Noah and asked him to read it. There were only 6 letters used in the whole book. A, M, N, O, S, and T. I reminded Noah what each of those letters sounds like and he read the entire book by himself with no help! He was super proud of himself--what a confidence booster!


A few days later I saw that our local library carries BOB books. They didn't have set 1 so I checked out set 2. This week Noah has worked his way through all twelve books. He's even been able to read his regular story books and signs we see around town. It's really exciting!


I know that reading is much more than just learning phonics, but as an introduction to reading, I really have to recommend these books.


We're going to head out to the library now for Story Time and I'm hoping they'll have set 3 for us.


"Reader, reader, reader! Noah is a reader!" That's our family song/cheer for whenever Noah finishes a book. I wish you could see his "reader" dance. It's hilarious!

6 comments:

  1. I love BOB books. Congratulations Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exceedingly distressed that I missed out on the Reader dance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Noah! Andrew has those in his classroom at school. You will be set when you go to Kindergarten next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching the boys learn to read, it is so exciting! Justin amazes me at what he can read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since he's mastering Bob what about Dr Seuss
    Granny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea! I bet he would be able to read Green Eggs and Ham and One Fish, Two Fish quite easily. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!