Saturday, October 13, 2007

At the Lego Store

We went to Washington Square Mall yesterday, and while Geary was looking for a new shirt and tie I took the boys to the Lego store. They had a bin full of Lego People parts and I told Noah he could build a guy and and buy it. When we were ready to make the purchase Noah placed all the pieces on the counter and solemnly said to the cashier, "It's a race car driver and he has two helmets." The high school aged boy behind the counter assumed Noah's facial expression and serious tone and replied, "Well, safety first, right?"

I appreciated the way this young man talked to my son, as if my four year old was the most important customer that day. Once the parts were rung up, paid for, and placed in a bag, the teenager said, "Here you go, sir!" and gave the bag to Noah. And then... Noah made his day.

"Sir?!?" he exclaimed, giggling. "I'm not a man!"

"You're not?" asked the teenager, quickly searching my son over for a sign that he was a girl and not a boy.

Noah shook his head, "Of course not! I'm a super-hero robot!"

The Lego Store manager overheard and jokingly asked, "How could not tell that?" His relieved employee grinned and said, "I don't know but I'm so glad I stayed at work just for this moment." Then he turned back to Noah and said, "Well, have a great afternoon fighting crime and evil mad scientists and stuff like that."

Noah nodded and replied with a serious, "Thank you."

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Jeana. It made our day too. So, where does Noah get all that fun drama from? You or Geary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet!!
    I wish i was a super hero.
    I don't know about the robot part, but being a super sounds awesome.
    When i meet you Noah you can show me some of your moves.
    I think you should ask Ransom to show you his dragon slaying skills.

    -Oliver

    with great power comes great responsibility.

    -John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hutch, Me, mostly. But Geary encourages it. =)

    Oliver & John, yes, we've know all about Ransoms dragon slaying skills. It's important for a boy to have skills...numchuck skills, computer hacking skills...

    Ransom has already promised to use his skills to slay the weed dragons in our back yard. You two are, of course, welcome to come help.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!