Thursday, September 27, 2007

Confessions of a Gorilla Girl

If you are my close friend you know that I am a very, very, VERY hairy person. You might know this even if you are not my close friend but you have at least had the decency and politeness not to mention my hairiness to my face. Thank you for that. Please keep not mentioning it.

Anyway, I'm talking about shave everyday or wake up to a carpet of leg hair, must bleach my fine facial hair, tweezers are my best friend type of hairy. It is something that is truly inconvenient, embarrassing, and the reason for hundreds of hair removal doo-dads that are currently littering our bathroom.

This morning I found my handy-dandy eyebrow trimmer. It's like a mini set of clippers to shorten the length of your eyebrows. So, since I had them out I used them. And I cut my eyebrow hair too short. It looks like I gave my face a buzz cut.

Normally, I wouldn't mind this because, like I said, I'm really hairy. My eyebrows will grow back in within just a couple of days. However, today is the day that we are going to get our Oregon drivers licenses--which are valid for the next EIGHT years!

2 comments:

  1. Oy vey! I have great sympathy for your predicament. I confess that I fit in the same category (well, minus the ODL buzz cut face photo). I have great envy for those Hollywood type people who can afford permanent laser hair removal. But at least my hairy-ness is of the blonde type, and therefore easier to hide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Beth. I appreciate the sympathy. And I can honestly say that I have never noticed your hairy-ness. Nevertheless, I am grateful to have a sister in the fight against body hair.

    And update--I was saved from having ODL buzz cut face because when we went to the DMV we completely forgot to bring our proof of address with us. We'll try again tomorrow. By the way, my eyebrows are growing in nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!