Wednesday, December 06, 2006

We know firsthand how amazing it is to have a newborn near Christmas. As a mother, I could relate to Mary and her sacrifice, wonder, and joy in a completely new way. To think about Jesus coming to earth as an infant while cradling your own tiny child is a wonderous thing. I'm not sure anything could make an already incredible season more magical or miraculous.

So, we would like to extend congratulations to two families who are undoubtably experiencing the same joy, wonder, and amazement right now.

Congratulations to Hutch, Steph, and big sister Lizzy on the birth of
Eliana Joy


and

Congratulations to Jed, Mel, big brother Ezra, and big sister Addie on the birth of Asher Josiah

If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite,
something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it.
I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean
in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning
and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.
~Vincent van Gogh

2 comments:

  1. It's an amazing and awe-inspiring thing just having a new baby around -- I hadn't even thought of it in regards to Christmas yet.

    We were so surprised to see you mention Asher as one of the names you had considered -- and glad to see you weren't planning on using it! :-) We weren't sure what his name would be until we saw him, but we had been considering Asher for quite a while. It's definitely right for him though, already I can't imagine calling him by any other name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Asher was reserved for your little guy. I just saw pictures over at your blog and I agree--no other name would fit as well. I'm sure he will live up to his name beautifully. =)

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!