Thursday, December 07, 2006

Proud Parent Moment

For several months now I've been sharing with Noah about paychecks. We talk about why daddy gets a paycheck, why he works so hard for his family, what we do with the money, allowances, and how one day he can earn money for the jobs he does. He's seen me tithe, pay bills, buy gifts, grocery shop, and give money away to complete strangers. But I had no idea how much all this financial stuff was sinking in until Noah got a $25 check for his birthday.

After explaining what the check was for and who it was from, I asked Noah, "So...what do you want to do with this money?"

He did not hesitate. "I want to give some of it away to a kid who doesn't have any toys. I want to save some of it in the bank. And I want to use a little bit to buy a toy for me, like a Rescue Hero or some Diego stuff."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!