Tuesday, July 18, 2006

We're Still Here

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted! Things have been busy with work, but its going well. We are super close to paying off one credit card already! Yay, for us! It's nice to have some extra cash for fun stuff, too. We purchased a portable DVD player and it made our trip home from the farm this weekend a little more enjoyable for Noah.

Yes, we went to the farm last weekend! It was fun to hang out with all the relatives and enjoy the outdoors. Although, I did take an allergy pill on Saturday that just knocked me out. I ended up sleeping on the couch while Lila and Nila entertained Noah. When I was able to wake up and go back outside, Noah said, "Mom, I want you to leave us alone! Go lay back down!"

It was kind of bizarre to see Uncle Smoky and think that this might be the last time we see him. I don't quite know how to process those feelings. For those of you who don't know, Smoky has lung cancer and these are said to be his final days. I've never really had a chance to get to know him deeply, but I've always admired and liked him. I know he has a special place in Geary's heart and I was really proud of Geary for the way he affirmed Uncle Smoky while we were visiting him.

Geary and I have been having some discussions about where we think God is directing us. Nothing is solid yet so I'm afraid I can't really share any details. But if you think about us, please pray that we would be on the same page and that any leading from God would be crystal clear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!