Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Noah's Room

Noah recently moved from his crib/toddler bed to a twin size big boy bed. When he made the switch we let him choose how he wanted his room to be decorated. He chose a Safari Theme. If we were allowed to paint, his room would have khaki walls.















Noah' big boy bed. He has set up a whole little Bob the Builder town under his bed. The prints on his wall are pictures of jungle animals from a coloring book that I colored with paint markers.















Yes, it's a slide! Every kid's dream.
















Noah's bookshelf and table. The mirror looking thing is acutally a magnet board where he puts pictures he's colored and postcards from friends and family. The monkey on the wall is a clock and his tail swings like a pendulum. The picture on the wall is an oil pastel that I made in college.
















Noah's clothes hamper is a hungry lion who loves to eat dirty laundry. These toy bins from Ikea are great! Noah is already learning how to be organized and he can clean his own room easily by himself.
















Hanging from the ceiling, over his bed, is this wooden parrot that my friend Becca sent him from the Czech Republic. You can make his wings flap by pulling the string hanging from his belly.




















The chain of stuffed animals. I got this idea from a lady I worked with at Evangel. We used similar chains to display the hundreds of teddy bears we sold at Christmastime. It's easy for Noah to take the animals down and easy for me to clip them back up.

2 comments:

  1. I NEED to know where you got the bed and the slide! I absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it cool? I actually found it at a moving sale through Craig's List. Do you have Craig's List in Canada? Just go to craigslist.com and find the town nearest you--then you can search listings for items you want in your area. It's pretty cool. The previous owner said the bed was purchased from Dania. I'm not sure if they still carry it, but it's from the Color Kids Collection. When I bought the bed it was in primary colors and I spray painted it olive green.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!