Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Another Milestone

Yesterday Noah and I made a special trip to Target to purchase some big-boy-underpants. He chose Thomas the Tank Engine, Madagascar, and black boxer briefs (just like Daddy's!). It was a pretty exciting trip. We also bought a kitchen timer. So...

After we got home, Noah put on a pair of Thomas undies (all by himself!) and I set the timer for 15 minutes. When the bell rang he went to go sit on the potty. Nothing. Another 15 minutes...nothing. Then we had to go help Geary set up his classroom. So I packed an extra pair of pants and the timer and we headed off.

As soon as we got to the school we had another trip to the potty. Nothing. I set the timer again and Noah started playing with random junk that Geary had confiscated from his students. The timer went off and I said, "Come on, Noah. Let's go to the potty." Noah started walking toward me with his arms outstretched and his legs spread apart. He looked VERY uncomfortable.

Yes...it was unmistakeable. I asked, "Noah...are your pants wet?" He nodded. Yeah...not only were his pants wet...but his socks and shoes, too. Mommy was unprepared.

So we've survived our first "accident". Noah learned that being wet is not fun and I learned to pack more than just extra pants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!