Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Night of the Lost Binky

So on Monday night/Tuesday morning (it was about 2:30 am) we woke up to Noah calling, "Daddy! I neeeeed you!" I quickly pretended to be asleep and Geary groggily went into Noah's room. This is the conversation I overheard:

Geary: What do you need, buddy?
Noah: Where my binky is?
Geary: Oh...you lost your binky? Well lets look for it.
(5-7 minutes of scurrying, scavenging sounds)
Geary: I can't find it, Noah. Can you go back to sleep without it?
Noah: Okay...I need my binky! Please!
Geary: I can't find it. Can you please go to sleep without. We'll look in the morning.
Noah: (wide awake now) I know what to do!
Geary: What?
Noah: I don't know...
Jeana: (snort) (giggle)
Geary: Can I get some help here, Jeana?
Jeana: Uh...(fake snores)
Noah: Here it is! Yay! I got it!

Geary came back to bed and said, "I refuse to get up again, tonight." So at 4:30 am, when we heard Noah calling again, Geary kicked me and said, "Your turn." I found Noah sitting up in bed and this the conversation Geary overheard:

Jeana: Noah, it's night-night time.
Noah: I want to watch Bob Mato!
Jeana: Not right now. Lay down and go back to sleep.
(quiet rustling while Jeana gets Noah situated)
Jeana: Okay, good night. I'll see you in the morning.
Noah: Mommy?
Jeana: (sigh) Yes, Noah?
Noah: I yuv you...

Don't you just want to eat him up?!?

3 comments:

  1. Jeana -

    That's hilarious and cute at the same time.

    What's Bob Mato?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah is a Veggie Tales Fan. Here's a quick Noahese translation guide for Veggie Tales:

    Bob Mato = Bob the Tomato
    LarryBoy = Larry the Cucumber
    Joo-ya = Junior Asparagus
    Your a Care it = Laura the Carrot
    Blue = Madam Blueberry
    Jonah = Archibald Asparagus
    Jimmy = Jimmy the Gourd
    Jerry = Jerry the Gourd
    Great Hat = Pa Grape (hey, I just translate!)
    Bees = French Peas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Veggie Tales translation guide. And yes I could "just eat him up"! I plan to this weekend!
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!