Friday, February 18, 2005

I'm not cooking for a month.

So, Geary told me that he would give up buying lunches for Lent. He promised to make all his own lunches and kind of hinted that he would like to have better lunches than just sandwiches. I joked that it might be kind of hard since I've given up cooking for Lent. He looked horror stricken, but then I told him about my new discovery. Actually, Anita discovered it first, then Sara joined the fun, and tonight I tried it. It's Dream Dinners. Dream Dinners is a kitchen where you make 12 entrees that can be frozen and eaten for a month. And they let you split your meals up into smaller portion sizes, so I actually came away with 24 delicious looking dinners. It was so cool! I spent an hour and a half combining the fresh, pre-cut ingredients in ziploc freezer bags or disposable baking pans; I got to leave the mess at the store; and all the cooking I have to do is throw something in the oven or the crockpot and I'm done! And the only clean up at home is the dishes we eat off of--yay! No more crusty pans to wash! For a month! I know I completely sound like an advertisement for Dream Dinners, but I'm really excited about it! We had the calzones I made last night and if all the other meals are as good, we're going to be very happy Lenters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!