Friday, February 07, 2014

Snowmageddon 2014

It started snowing hard on Thursday afternoon and school was closed early.  So we bundled up the boys for some backyard snow fun.


This is what happens when it doesn't snow often enough to invest in snow boots every year.  Plastic grocery bags tied over your shoes!  But how cool is the R2-D2 hat?


I'm not a fan of snow.  Sorry.  I don't like puppies either.  I know, I know, I'm a horrible person.  I was able to get some bad cell phone pics through a screened window.  These were taken late Thursday afternoon.


The snow just kept coming on Friday.  It fell in huge, puffy flakes.    This time Geary volunteered to go outside with the boys and help them build a snowman. (And I instantly starting singing "Do you want to build a snowman?" from Frozen.)


They started making big snowballs...



And then they rolled them...



And rolled them...



Until they were huge snowballs!


And then they made a giant snowman!



With really enormously big gloves!


Okay, so our trick photography isn't that great.  The snow was too powdery to really make good snowballs but they managed to make a tiny snowman.  They called it a snow penguin, actually.


It's supposed to snow more on Saturday.  Yippee.  But it will be worth it if it means getting to see these expressions of pure delight again.  I love their little frozen faces!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I am not the only one who had to get creative in a pinch! Ri went out to play in the snow with socks covered by exam/medical gloves on his hands. That is the most adorable tiny-snow-penguin I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! You got me with the snowman. I thought, "Wow, where did they get such big gloves?" Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!