Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wonder Women Wednesday: My Earliest Childhood Memory

 This week I asked Becky: What would be the perfect way to celebrate your birthday?
You can read her answer HERE.

Becky asked me: What is your earliest childhood memory?

I am the oldest child in my family and my brother wasn't born until I was 5 years old.  I'm not the oldest grandchild but I was the oldest grandchild who lived near my grandparents.  Both sets.  They actually lived down the street from one another--how cool is that?  I also have a lot of photo albums of my early childhood.  And my parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles have told me countless stories about what I was like as a baby, preschooler, and little girl.

All that to say, it's difficult for me to distinguish if something is an actual memory or if it's the replaying of a story I was told about my childhood.  Here are few things I'm pretty sure are actual memories.  I think I must have been close to three years old for all of them.

I remember looking at alphabet flash cards with my grandmother, who I called Mama.  She would lay them out on the carpet and point to a card and I would tell her which letter it was. 

I remember my Papa singing silly songs to me.  Especially, "Turkey in the Straw" and I remember his laugh.

I remember going to preschool and the giant indoor playhouse we had.  I also remember finger painting with pudding.  I liked it.


What's the first thing you remember?  And don't forget to tell us all about your dream birthday celebration over at Becky's blog!





1 comment:

  1. I love picturing you proudly announcing letters of the alphabet. And painting with pudding. So pleasing.

    My earliest memory is gazing up, up, up at my Aunt Kathy and the tiny bundle of pink in her arms that she had just brought home from the hospital... my cousin, Samantha.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!