Sunday, June 17, 2012

Conversations with a 5 year old

Noah and Toby were playing Harry Potter Wii.  Toby was all tangled up in his controller and by the time he got himself situated he couldn't figure out which character he was playing.  "Wait!  Who am I?" he cried.  I glanced up at the screen, "Looks like you're Hermione."  Toby grinned and said in a high pitched voice, "Yes! I'm super cute and super awesome!"

__________________________________________

Toby:  Noah, when I was born did I like you?
Noah:  I don't know.  I think so.
Toby:  Noah, when I was born were you a kid?
Noah:  Toby!  Of course I was a kid when you were born!  I'm still a kid!
Toby:  So...I was still a kid when Miles was born!

__________________________________________

Toby:  Look, Mom!  I found a feather in the house!
Jeana:  Cool!  I wonder where it came from.
Toby (incredulously): Like...from a bird.
Jeana:  Yes, of course it came from a bird.  I meant, I wonder how it got inside.
Toby: (still incredulous): Like...from a bird that came inside and blew up.

1 comment:

Linharts love comments!