Thursday, March 04, 2010

Fingers Say

This morning Toby woke up early and climbed into bed with me. I tried to get him to fall asleep next me but he was content to just chatter in my ear. When he started the "What Does a {Insert Animal Here} Say?" game I groaned inwardly. He answered his first few questions on his own and then asked, "Mom, what does fingers say?"

"Nothing," I replied, hoping the game would end so I could have a few more minutes of precious sleep.

"Yeah do!" Toby insisted. He waved his hand, "Fingers say, 'Hello.'"

He crooked his finger, "Fingers say, 'Come here!'"

He outstretched his index finger and shook his hand, "Fingers say, 'Don't do dat!'"

And I couldn't help it. I started to giggle and delight in my boy. And thus began a precious morning and beautiful start to my day.

3 comments:

  1. Jeana you are so good at capturing precious little moments in your days. Thanks for the smile and the reminder to find joy in the little things kids say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!