Thursday, February 25, 2010

Turkey in the Straw, Haw, Haw, Haw

That's one of hundreds of songs my grandfather, Papa, used to sing for me when I was a little girl. Back when I was small enough to crawl through a dog door and be swung up high to sit on his shoulders. Some other songs in his repertoire included Mairzy Doats, Big Rock Candy Mountain, How Much is That Doggy in the Window, and Jimmy Crack Corn.

He's dying. I am trying to wrap my brain around that. It seems so impossible and yet, here we are. The doctors think his life will end in the next few weeks. Weeks.

Will you pray with me? Pray that his last weeks are full of blessing and hope. Pray that Papa will finish strong. Pray that my family will grieve well. That we will rest in hope and not let bitterness or fear into our aching hearts.

Thank you, friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!