Wednesday, July 01, 2009

More Furniture Makeovers

Dresser #1

I forgot to take a true before picture, so here is what the dresser looked like after being sanded. We bought it for $10 at a garage sale down the street. It was in pretty good shape but it looked kind of beat up because of all the stickers and sticker residue left on it.

And here it is after some fresh paint. We used the original brass drawer pulls and it kind of reminds me of those cabinets on ships where the captains keep their maps. I love the little wavy line of the skirt underneath.

___________________________________________________

Dresser #2

I am kicking myself for forgetting to take a before picture. This dresser was seriously UGLY. Think brown and orange peeling paint with the ugliest square wooden drawer pulls you can imagine. $5 at garage sale and after I loaded it into our car I heard the old owner tell his wife, "I can't believe someone paid for that piece of junk!"

But it cleaned up pretty well and I actually think it would make a pretty attractive sideboard or behind the couch type of table. The drawers are nice and deep and would be perfect for holding board games.

There was just one little flaw that we couldn't fix. This broken corner on the middle drawer. With the black paint you can really can't notice it until someone points it out. I really hope it sells because the money from the sale of these two dressers is what I plan to use to buy some new maternity clothes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!