Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Black Butte 2009

Sunday afternoon we got back from a great mini vacation at Black Butte Ranch. Geary's aunt, uncle, and cousin were also able to come out and it was great to see them. The boys loved having so much attention and entertainment. And the weather was perfect! Some highlights include:
  • Listening to the book on CD The Hoboken Chicken Emergency by Daniel Pinkwater of NPR fame. Hilarious!
  • Geary's cousin Eric who spent a lot of time playing games with Noah. He is such a generous man and we are so thankful for the love and attention he poured out on Noah last week. Plus, he made his famous chocolate truffles that are to die for!
  • Bike riding: We brought the boys bikes down with us and they had fun riding along the bike paths. No scary tree crashing incidents like last year though. Geary and I got to take a couple bike rides by ourselves--I forgot how much I like riding bikes! We're now on the hunt for some nice used ones for ourselves. And we also rented a Deuce Coup so we could take a family bike ride. It was really fun and I highly recommend the Deuce Coup over the Surrey--adjustable seats, lighter weight, easier to pedal, and a bell that sounds like a doorbell. :)
  • Meadow Glaze kiddie pool: Noah had a blast playing in all the fountains and sprinklers. It was awesome to see him overcome his fear of water. He also played in the kiddie pool with no qualms. Tobin was a little more hesitant but I did get him at least sitting and standing in the water with no tears--for a little while!
  • Bocce Ball: We brought our new bocce set with us and played on a couple of Black Butte Ranch's beautiful lawns. It's a simple game but really fun. We're looking forward to lots of back yard games with guests this summer.
  • Unexpected gifts: Geary was given a really nice walking stick--he's wanted one for a long time. Noah got a Black Butte Ranch hat and sunglasses as well as a fun police play set. And Toby got a cute little football (or "feetball", as he calls it) and new shoes! Aunt Mary is going to make some baby gifts for me--she's a very gifted crocheter and knitter. It never ceases to amaze me how absolutely generous our family is. We have blessed by them over and over again. Thank you!
  • Jewelry Making Time: Since I had the advantage of free childcare, I had lots of time to sit and work on my jewelry. I was able to make 11 necklaces and 3 pairs of earrings. It was also nice to get opinions and feedback on the pieces I was making as I made them.

I'm sure are a lot more highlights that I'm forgetting right now but we had a fantastic time. My only regret is that I didn't take any pictures! But I'm sure Mary and Garyanna will share some of theirs and when they do I'll post some of them here.

Thank you again and again, Bob and Garyanna, John, Mary, and Eric, for giving us such an incredible week full of sweet memories. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Jeana - I received your blog via a google alert I have for all things related to BBR. I am so happy that you and your family had a great time while here. I am an employee here at the Ranch and am in charge of social media and blogging. I have started a Black Butte Ranch blog (www.blackbutteranch.blogspot.com) and invite you to check periodically as I will be blogging about what's happening at the Ranch. I would love to post any pics you guys would like to submit on your next trip here. Cheers!

    Katie Williams

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!