Monday, June 23, 2008

Laundry Soap Update

It's been about 12 weeks since I made my laundry soap. I just used the last 1/2 cup and will need to make more today or tomorrow. I love this stuff and I don't think I will ever go back to store bought.

A few things I've learned:

  • With white loads I've found that adding an extra bit of either Borax or Washing Soda really helps to make the whites brighter.
  • A little extra Washing Soda goes a long way in deodorizing--remember we've been doing a lot of yard word/home improvement projects. Some of our clothes were getting pretty sweaty/stinky.
  • The spigot container worked out okay but it probably would have been easier to just put the soap in a used detergent bottle or a some other kind of pouring container.

1 comment:

  1. Thrifty, crafty, AND green -- a hat trick! I love the fact you wrote about laundry soap the same day Scatter wrote about a BIG laundry problem! Hee! oxox Becky

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!