Monday, January 28, 2008

Real Life

Real life has trumped blogging lately. I haven't been exactly busy, but when I think about what to share on this blog I either end up staring at a blank screen or deleting what what I've typed because it feels too heavy. I guess we're simply experiencing real life in the Linhart house. There is good. There is hard. There is funny. There is laundry. And there is God, holding us, loving us, encouraging us, correcting us, and changing us.

The Good: We are making new friends through our church and Geary's school. Three of the ladies in my Tuesday morning Bible Study are also in our Tuesday night Small Group. I love that I have multiple connections with them and I see the potential for some close, deep level friendships. Geary and I are both homebodies and introverts so it is out of our comfort zone to initiate get-togethers. But we have been taking steps to be pro-active in friendship building and I can see God blessing our efforts already.

The Hard: I am having some health problems. I started my first post-partum period just after Christmas and now, four weeks later, I am still bleeding. I saw our new doctor (who is great) on Thursday and had got some medicine to stop the bleeding. I also had a blood draw and a urine test in the lab so that we can start ruling things out (like thyroid disorder or diabetes). I'm supposed to schedule an ultrasound for this week to check for cysts on my ovaries and fibroids. I'm not very worried just yet and I'm not interested in talking about it endlessly until I know more about it so please don't freak out on me. Just pray for me and I'll update when I know more.

The Funny: Our children continue to be a huge source of delight for us. Noah cracks us up daily with his antics. He's even started asking, "Is that bloggable?" And Tobin is just so stinkin' cute! I can hardly believe he's nearly 10 months old. He is giggly and cuddly and I could kiss his chubby knees all day long.

The Laundry: Never ends.

The God: Is always good. Amen? Amen!

2 comments:

Linharts love comments!