Thursday, December 06, 2007

Dear Melinda Maples,

Apparently my new cell phone number used to be your cell phone number. The only reason I know this is because your collectors are calling me. At first I didn't mind telling them that they had a wrong number. It became slightly irritating when I had to use my cell phone minutes to explain that I have no idea who you are but that this is my number and you cannot be reached here. Some collection agencies are hard to convince. I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to give them your new number.

However, it has become downright annoying to be yelled at by your collectors. To be told, "Stop lying! We know this is you Melinda! Just grow up and pay your bills!" Please, girl! That is not cool!

I realize that I don't have to answer my phone when I don't recognize the number but those people are relentless. They will leave loooong voice messages and then they will call back again and again and again. So, I'm begging you, Melinda Maples...Just grow up and pay your bills! And give everyone your new number, while you're at it!

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Sincerely,

Jeana Linhart

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand! We moved 4 times in the last 5 years, and along the way lived in an apartment complex with a Tara Hutchison who had the same healthcare plan we did. We got her mail, and phone calls constantly. We even had her medical bills follow us out here to MA (you would think Kaiser would figure out when they were mailing a bill to MA where they don't exist that maybe they had the wrong person)! I have called and called and called to have things fixed, but nothing seemed to work. My last attempt was a month ago and so far so good. I will let you know how it turns out.
    (Sorry, sore subject.)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer, Steph! It feels like we are victims in a reverse identity theft. Identities we don't want have been foisted upon us...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that problem too and funny thing is , she has the same first name as me!! :X Who owe's RENT A CENTER?! Weird places call for money.

    Also, our house phone is an old DELI that sells wholesale cheese! HAA 3 yrs and we still get calls for them. Check your number people!

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!