Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving

We had a lovely surprise for Thanksgiving this year. At the last minute it was moved to our house! Everyone was super apologetic and worried that they would be putting us out but honestly we were thrilled to host Thanksgiving. We borrowed a couple of card tables and some folding chairs to make our existing table longer. The kids and I gathered leaves and pinecones for decorations and added to them to some gourds I already had to make a pretty centerpiece. I baked an apple pie and everyone else brought delicious dishes from home. It was fun, laid-back, and cozy and I loved every minute of it. Apparently, my family loved it, too because I was told the next day that Thanksgiving could be at our house every year! You know what? That's fine with me!

Here's a picture of the table centerpiece. I didn't actually get any pictures of the whole table. Maybe some one else who was there could give me copies of their Thanksgiving pictures.


And this is our "Thankfulness Tree." Noah, Analia and I cut out leaf shapes from construction paper and asked people what they were thankful for. Then we wrote their answers on the leaves and hung them on our tree. It was fun to do and made a pretty decoration to boot!

The whole day, even the spontenaity of where Thanksgiving was held, will be a cherished memory for me. I really do love living in Newberg and I'm so thankful for a house that can be a home to all our family members.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to have a household that so many feel so comfortable in. Looks like you had fun, especially the kids!

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!