Friday, October 05, 2007

The Boys' Room

Noah told me he wanted a blue room so we got some paint chips and I let him choose the exact color. He picked "Lakefront" by Glidden. We also found some cool jungle animal wall stickers at Target and Noah helped me put them up. They are removable and repositional so if we ever rearrange or decide to change the room decor it's no big deal.


Yes, the boys are sharing a room even though we have three bedrooms. For one, I've read countless studies which show that young children sleep better when there is someone else in the room--even a pet. And Noah definitely sleeps better when Tobin is in there. You would think it would be harder for him to sleep with people coming in and out of the room all night (for feedings) but I think he actually feels safer knowing that we're close by. Also, it was important to me to be able to have a guest room--because I really, really want my family and friends to feel free to come visit us without feeling like they would be in the way or taking up too much space. Now we have a space just for you! And our treadmill...


Tobin's corner. By the way, he loves mobiles! We have one from Haiti (thank you, Becca!) over the changing table and a musical one over the crib.


Noah's corner. He is super thrilled to be allowed to open and close his shades. Don't worry, we're going to install a cord cleat so it won't be a safety hazard for my precious baby.


It's hard to tell, but the trim and his closet doors are actually khaki/tan colored. The whole house interior was painted white with tan trim. I was going to paint the trim white but when I finished with the blue I really liked how the tan went with it so I left it.


Noah's reading corner. Can you see the little snake sticker on the bottom of the closet? When you open the closet door it "moves" and Noah thinks this is just about the cleverest thing ever.

1 comment:

  1. Grin! I'm glad Tobin loves the Haitian mobile!! I still have mine up in my room here in Czech!

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!