Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tagged

I have been tagged to share 8 facts or habits about myself…..so here goes! The rules: Each player lists 8 little known facts/habits about themselves.The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habitsare listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blogencourages all readers to volunteer themselves for this meme and leave a comment here so I know where to go to read your little known facts.

1. I was a fingernail biter until Tobin was born. Then all those post-partum hormones (and pre-natal vitamins) made my nails so strong and beautiful that I instantly stopped. This has resulted in my scratching my son's face a couple of times while nursing--oopsie!

2. I love doing people's hair. When I was a camp counselor I got weeks of sheer pleasure just braiding my campers' hair. I think it also really helped me get to know them better because we were each others captive audiences. Also, it is a pretty intimate thing to touch someone's head.

3. I am not a fan of open floor plans. I've been watching those HGTV house flipping shows and everyone wants to tear down the walls between the kitchen and the living room and dining room. No way, that is not for me. I like my spaces to be separate and well defined. Plus, it's really nice to close the door on the messy kitchen sometimes, you know?

4. I like fruity or spicey desserts more than chocolate desserts. Thankfully, my chocoholic mother-in-law loves me despite this serious character flaw. Oh well, more chocolate for her! Pass the berry cobbler, please!

5. I get annoyed when I'm with people who circle the parking lot multiple times looking for a "closer spot." We have legs! Just park way over there and we can walk!

6. I like the PBS cartoon "Arthur". It's so smart and does a great job at subtle parody and satire. Other cartoons I have liked include "Recess", "Pepper Ann", and "Filmore".

7. I really miss playing iSketch. It's an online pictionary game that I enjoy so much that I bought a computer drawing tablet just to help me play better. My handle on iSketch is "zestychicken". I'm looking forward to settling in our new place and getting our computer up and running so I can play again.

8. I am a big fan of the bohemian look--long flowy skirts, head wraps, etc. I am really trying to incorporate some of this into my wardrobe but sometimes I get kind of insecure about it and think I look too much like a fortune teller.

Your turn! I would really love to read 8 facts or habits about you. Just leave a comment here and I'll read your blog as soon as possible! Or, if you want to participate but don't have a blog, just email me!

5 comments:

  1. 1. i secretly love kareoke. when i'm driving home i sing along with faith hill at the top of my lungs. i make sure the windows are always up & when i'm at a stop both car & lips stop.

    2. whenever i go the salon my stylist always puts some magic pomade to my hair & it looks fabulous. like a sucker i buy the "hot new hair must have". But when i try it on myself at home i can't do it right & my hair ends up looking greasy. i can't resist.

    3. i do not like dried foods. beef jerky at the liquor store or dried fruit by the sack at costco. dried food should only be consumed after enduring a cataclysmic event like tornadoes & ww3. besides i think it's bad for your teeth.

    4. i'm addicted to teas. i drink hot in the morning and cold in the afternoon. i love world market you have to try the mighty tea brand, the pouch isn't made of paper but of a thin silk fiber, i like to look it while it brews.

    5. i'm addicted to floss. not just any floss but Glide brand. i floss in bed, in the car, at work. it gets caught in my vacuum and i've found strands in the dryer lint trap.

    6. i love 3/4 sleeve tops. if i forget the lotion no prob my 3/4 sleeve will mask my dry elbows. why is it hard to find a decent top that i like & 3/4 sleeve?

    7. i'm scared to death of zombies. when we have brown/black outs i imagine zombies coming to eat my brains. when that virus spreads or comet crashes i will be ready. aim for the forehead, run fast, lots of ammo.

    8. i love old black and white movies. TCM is my favorite station. i can't stand movies that are being made in hollywood right now. i like musicals, i love suspence & glamour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew who you were...I think I might know based on the zombie thing but...3/4 length sleeves? That is really throwing me off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! We miss you on isketch! Good luck on finding a place...It's awful to have that displaced feeling. We're living with that too. Psst...I'm a nail biting maniac too! Terrible habit *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. jeana, its me gab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't look at me! I'm not scared of zombies as much as I'm drawn to and fascinated by them!
    And I know real zombies don't just eat your brains, they eat everything! And they don't talk!
    Just saying!

    And I miss you playing iSketch, too

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!