Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Some Thoughts on Prayer

Noah: After we adopt a girl baby we won't have any more seatbelts in our car.
Jeana: Yeah, we'll have to get a mini-van.
Noah: I don't think we could get a mini-van.
Jeana: Yeah, I don't think we could get one either. But I think God could give us one. I'm praying that he will.
Noah: But I don't hear you praying...
Jeana: Well, sometimes I pray silently in my head.
Noah: Oh. Well, I will pray that you get a mini-van, too.
Jeana: Thanks, buddy.
Noah: You pray in your head and I will pray in my mouth. "Dear King Jesus, please give Mommy a mini-van if you want her to have one. Amen."

I love how Noah was so responsive and ready to join me in prayer. His Sunday School teacher told me that he's been volunteering to pray in class. And at bedtime he consistantly prays for several of our missionary friends and a family who is the process of adopting. I'm so proud of my son and so pleased about his tender heart for God.

Another thing that struck me is that I need to be praying out loud more often. When Noah said, "But I don't hear you praying" I realized that I need to let Noah in on my conversations with God. I want him to know the things I'm praying about and for him to recognize how God responds and works in our family's life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!