Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Noticing

Every Tuesday and Thursday, when I go to pick up Noah from pre-school, I see the same old couple walking down the street. They have matching jackets, blue with yellow accents, and matching dogs. Sometimes the man is carrying a paper grocery sack from Trader Joes. Even though I only see them two days a week I have to assume they walk together every day at 11:15 am.

Last month I noticed that the man was using a walker and the woman held the leashes of both dogs. Last week I noticed that the woman was walking alone. I felt so sad. Did her husband die? Was she strong enough to carry a Trader Joes sack by herself?

But today the man was back! On a scooter. With a Trader Joe's sack in the front basket. I rejoiced in the car and grinned all the way to school.

Note to self: Life and death is happening all around me--don't miss it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!