Thursday, April 12, 2007

Quick Update

I've missed blogging! But it's really hard to type and nurse and the same time...

Toby is doing great! He had his two week check up today and is back up to birthweight plus one ounce. So I know for sure that he is getting enough to eat. He also grew a whole inch! The doctor said he looks great and just as she was finishing up her check he peed on her. So now he is even with his big brother who peed on a doctor at birth.

Sometimes I feel like a milk machine since I am ALWAYS nursing. But I know it won't last forever and I'm really grateful that breastfeeding is working out this time around. Thankfully, Toby eating a lot during the day means that he is sleeping a lot during the night. He gave us a four and half hour stretch last night!

Geary has been incredibly helpful with taking care of Noah and doing tons of househould chores. He has also been getting up for the middle of the night feeding to bottle feed pumped breast milk--bliss! This is his Spring Break and I don't know what I'm going to do when he has to go back to work on Monday.

So far the hardest thing has been having to repeatedly ask Noah to wait. Wait to play, wait for lunch, wait till I'm done nursing or changing a diaper, wait, wait wait. Poor guy. I do make a conscious effort to not put Noah in second place every time...but it's always hard when I have to. Thankfully, he's being very gracious about it and seems to be completely in love with his baby brother. Geary and I have each taken Noah out on special one-on-one dates and I'm sure that is going a long way in curbing any jealousy.

I have a camera full of pictures that I need to post but Toby is ready to eat so that will have wait, too. Also, look forward to a video of Tobin rolling over at only 12 days old! I thought it was a fluke, but he did it 5 times in a row! Genius child!

3 comments:

  1. I think that Noah and Toby were in on the rolling over thing together. Are you missing any fishing line or invisible thread? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeana respond to this if you receive it.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!