Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Moot

Last Saturday, our family was eating lunch in the Food Court of Factoria Mall. Geary went to get some napkins and Noah grabbed the bottle cap from a bottle of rootbeer and said, "Hey, Mom! Wanna play Moot?" Suddenly, I saw my son as a 5th grader explaining the rules of some school cafeteria table game he had invented. This precocious almost 4 year old turned 10 before my eyes and I realized again how quickly they grow up.

"Sure," I replied, "How do you play Moot?" Noah gave me the grin of a 4 year old 5th grader and flicked the bottle cap toward me. "Moot!" he exclaimed in a silly high pitched voice. And just as suddenly, he was back. My giggling almost 4 year old whispered, "I won!" But my heart said, "No, son. I won. I won when God gave me his beloved prize--you."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!