Thursday, August 17, 2006

What the Body Looks Like

I want to share part of an email I wrote to my sister-in-law who asked "How excited am I allowed to be?"

Dear Sister,
I want you to have a baby to cuddle and hold and love on, too. This is the reason it's so important for me to have you rejoice with me now. I can't let this child be just MY child. I want us to be wildly-over-the-top-can't-thank-God-enough excited for this little life. My last two pregnancies I spent so much time worrying and expecting God to take something away, that I never thanked him for his blessings. I never thanked him for allowing my womb to hold life, even for a short time. This baby is a miracle and she deserves to be celebrated. And if, for any reason, she doesn't live before I can hold her and cuddle her, yes, my heart will break. But the cracks won't be as deep, because you and so many other people will have offered their hearts to share the burden. Just the thought of so many people already loving this baby gives me so much comfort and hope. Even if I miscarry again, that love won't be gone and it won't be wasted. Who knows why God does what he does? All I know is that if he planted this seed in me right now, its my job to exault him and overflow with praise for his incredible blessing. So, join me! I don't believe this is a time to guard our hearts. (are you crying yet? Because I am. *smile*)


Thank you, Friends and Family, for your love and support. We are being the body of Christ right now! What an awesome gift to have so many people cheering this little family on. Thank you! And please, keep praying!

2 comments:

Linharts love comments!