Sunday, June 04, 2006

Meridian Park: A Photo Tour

Today we went one of the coolest parks I have ever been to. Meridian Park on 50th and Meridian in North Seattle. I loved that the play ground was part of the landscaping. Those other rock formations on the sides of this picture are slides, too. This is a cool maze that takes you through One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss. It's in English and Spanish--Noah already knew a lot of the spanish words from watching Dora the Explorer.
Speaking of Dora the Explorer, Noah is wearing a paperbag "backpack" that he made in Sunday School. The kids were "following Moses around." It was pretty funny seeing all these kids with bags on their backs singing "Backpack! Backpack!" Inside each "backpack" was a map and a paper "cell phone."

There was a lifesize bronze statue of Carl the dog at the park that kids could touch and climb on. I love art that is meant to be touched and explored!


Geary and Noah on a balancing toy. Kind of like a teeter-totter that you stand on!


There was also this crazy play structure with a climbing wall and floating pods. All the other parents liked watching Geary climb and slide all over it.



All around the playground there were pillars with these metal sculptures on them...




And at the base of the pillars were stones with well known book titles and authors. I am so in love with this park! I couldn't help but leave the boys at the playground and go exploring!


While I was exploring I found the Seattle Tilth Garden!


I saw several rabbits...



A beautiful mural... (which reminds me so much of my friend Suzy's artwork)



And this awesome mosaic wall!



When it was time to leave we noticed that there were little "chairs" in the rock walls. The whole place felt so fun and magical! I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

  1. This does look really cool. We'll have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!