Monday, January 16, 2006

Lessons From Parenthood

In Sunday School, Noah sings a song called "The Praying Song." I'm sure you've heard it before: In my life, Lord, be glorified, be glorified, In my life, Lord be glorfied, today.

When Noah is at home, we often sing this song about anything and everything. In our car, Lord, In my trucks, Lord, at the park, Lord, In Buzz Lightyear, etc. But the other day Noah wanted to sing, "In my treasure, be glorified."

In my treasure? This instantly brought tears to my eyes. How can my three year old be so profound? See, I tend to think of my treasures as mine. Like a dragon, I hoarde them away try to keep them from others, especially God. But here is Noah saying, "Let's ask God to be glorified in our treasure." That means I would have to let those treasures go. I would have to give them to God and let him use them for his purposes. But the bonus would be that I would see real treasure, the kind that God is glorified in. After all, he is the ultimate treasure.

In my treasure, be glorified, be glorified. In my treasure, be glorified, today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!