Monday, December 19, 2005

All About Moms

Geary's sister's husband's mom (aka Ginny, our in-law-in-law) just sent me this hilarious email with answers from elementary age children to questions about their moms. Enjoy!

Why did God make mothers?
  • She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
  • Mostly to clean the house.
  • To help us out of there when we we're getting born.
How did God make mothers?
  • He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
  • Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
  • God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are mothers made of?
  • God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
  • They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your mother and not some other Mom?
  • We're related.
  • God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.
What kind of little girl was your Mom?
  • My Mom has always been my Mom and none of that other stuff.
  • I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
  • They say she used to be nice.
What did Mom need to know about dad before she married him?
  • His last name.
  • She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
  • Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your Mom marry your dad?
  • My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
  • She got too old to do anything else with him.
  • My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
Who's the boss at your house?
  • Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goofball.
  • Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
  • I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
What's the difference between moms and dads?
  • Moms work at work & work at home, & dads just go to work at work.
  • Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
  • Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
  • Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your Mom do in her spare time?
  • Mothers don't do spare time.
  • To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your Mom perfect?
  • On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
  • Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?
  • She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
  • I'd make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
  • I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on her back.

1 comment:

Linharts love comments!