Saturday, July 16, 2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I just finished reading the 6th Harry Potter book. I'm in awe and I'm saddened. I know that just like any good plot things have to get worse before they get better, but did Ms. Rowling have to make them get this bad?? However, I am pleased that my guesses were correct on a) Which beloved character dies, b) which characters become involved in romantic relationships, and c) who is the half-blood prince. But even having my guesses confirmed, there were many many surprises and shocks in the story line for me. Hmm...my brain is processing the story. No doubt I'll be thinking about this for a while. Beware of spoilers. I'm going to leave the answers to my guesses in the comments section.

5 comments:

  1. a) Dumbledore =( the saddest thing in the world!
    b) Ron & Hermione and Harry & Ginny
    c) Snape!!! You all thought I was joking, but I knew it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guesses were right too! After all...who could be cleverer at potions than Snape? And the Ron-and-Hermione thing had drug on long enough. Good book. The first half was a bit slow, though. Number 4 is still my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had guessed Snape as the HBP before the book was released, although I had no idea it was related to potions. I was thinking that Snape seems to be a bit vampirish...so maybe he was the half blood-prince? So I was correct on the character, but wrong on the reason. Now my biggest question about Snape is obviously whether Dumbledore should have trusted him, or if it was the big mistake that was foreshadowed in the beginning of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know about that either, but as for other mysteries, I have a sneaking suspicion that R.A.B. is Sirius Black's brother, Regulus (A?) Black. A Death Eater who turned? Sounds like somebody who could have planted the locket before being caught.

    ReplyDelete
  5. completely unrelated. I was a friend of Geary's in Israel, Willie Vega. just thought it was amazing to hear that you two have Noah. I haven't really kept up as you can tell. my sister just moved out to Redmond,WA and I thought if I visit her in August it would be cool to stop by and say Hi to Geary. He can reach me at realityjar@hotmail.com. take care,
    Willie Vega

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!