Thursday, May 19, 2005

Treasure Hunters

Some friends from college have sparked our interest in geocaching. People all over the world hide caches of little treasures and give you GPS coordinates and clues on how to find them. We don't actually have a GPS, but I'm sure we could find the caches with good old fashioned treasure hunting skills! We are always talking about being a tourist in our own town, so this seems like a fun family hobby that would not only take us on adventures, but also teach us about our neighborhood. I ran a search for any geocaches within 5 miles of our house and there were 96!! A search for caches within 2 miles produced 28! This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!

1 comment:

  1. Yes it is -- geocaching is an *awesome* way to get the family outdoors together. I have seen parts of Portland that I would never have gone to if I hadn't been in search of a cache. Welcome to the world of the treasure hunt!
    -retswerb

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!