Friday, April 15, 2005

The Logo


In an effort to help our family financially, I'm starting my own business! It's in the seedling stage right now, but I'm still really excited about it. This is my logo. I chose the name Pickled Tink because I have always enjoyed spoonerisms. Spoonerisms are words or phrases with the beginning sounds transposed (eg. "take a shower" spoonerized is "shake a tower"). To be tickled pink is to be greatly amused. The thought of Tinkerbell in a pickle jar greatly amuses me (similar to wondering if Girl Scout cookies are made out of real Girl Scouts). Thus, Pickled Tink! So far, my products include notecards, journals, and magnets. These are all custom designed and handmade by yours truly. I hope to have a website and business email address soon. But for now, I'm taking orders via email. You can see my latest journal design here.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! You and Nila should go into business together. She has done some great cards. Can't wait to see more designs and ideas.
    Mom and Grandpa Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. You have such creative ideas that I'm sure I lot of people would enjoy -- I know we have! (Like the Analia magnets.)

    We have some friends in Albuquerque (Brian and Daniella) that started a greeting card business based on characters Daniella created. Check it out at

    http://www.danidoodle.com/

    Brian does web pages for his day job, so they make a good combo. He could maybe help you get a web page up too. You would probably both benefit by talking. Their emails are:

    brian@danidoodle.com

    daniella@danidoodle.com

    I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!