Saturday, March 05, 2005

Obsessing

Have you ever wanted something so badly, but were pretty sure you couldn't have it? That is how I am feeling after looking at this house...again. I looked at it when it was in danger of foreclosing...and we couldn't afford it. I looked at when it was foreclosed...and we still couldn't afford it. It's for sale again, with beautiful, perfect, gorgeous renovation...and we definitely can't afford it, now. But I can't get it out of my mind! I'm obsessing. It's just a tiny house, but it is so cute and I can just picture how I would decorate it and how we would live in it. It's also a stones throw away from Geary's school. Seriously, you can see his school from the front yard. Ugh! I feel like it would take a miracle to ever have this house. And a super miracle to guard my heart from wanting it so badly. I know I should be content with all the blessings God has given us...but I know God also provides miraculous gifts (I'm talking $221,950 miraculous). So, should we pursue this? Is it too much to expect God to perform such an expensive miracle? Or is the lesson "learning to be content"? Am I supposed to accept that we will never (at least it seems like never) be able to afford a home and just let this adorable, convenient, already-painted-the-right-colors-house go? God, I need some direction! Friends and family, pray for us!

2 comments:

  1. How is the "obsessing"? I'm still praying about it.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the house!

    ReplyDelete

Linharts love comments!