Friday, October 05, 2007

The Main Bathroom

The bathroom has a bright aqua colored countertop so we decided to make it work by going for an upscale beach theme (Think beach hotel/resort as opposed to beach shack). I painted the walls a light sand color (hard to tell in the pictures). Actually, it's called "Raffia Cream" but it was on the same card as "Gobi Desert" so that counts as sand colored, right?

We're also planning to stain the cabinets darker (like walnut or mahogany) and add knobs. Eventually we'd like to frame out the mirror using molding that will be the same color as whatever we stain the cabinets with. The far left cabinet is darker because of a stain experiment. The middle cabinet was a "white-wash" experiment (too much beach shack, not enough beach resort). The knobs will be brushed nickel to match the faucets and light fixtures.


Aqua and gold shower curtain that is really wrinkly. I thought the wrinkles would go away after the curtain had been hanging for awhile but it's been almost three weeks. Guess I'll have to iron it--ha! As if! I also have a shadow box project I'm working on for above the towel bar. I'm planning on using starfish, sanddollars, seashells and sand.


There's a nice big linen closet in bathroom that is storing linens (genius!) plus all my art supplies and sewing stuff (Not that I am any good at sewing--yet!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Linharts love comments!